Lake Como School of Advanced Studies (June 12-16): Call for Participation
The Lake Como School in Advanced Studies – School in Social Sciences will be held at the Villa del Grumello from June 12th to June 16th 2023, in Como (Italy). This Summer School is entitled “Life Chances in a (un)sustainable World: structural transformations and alternative socio-cultural visions”. Gaël Giraud, Director of the Environmental Justice Program, and Anne Alombert, Philosophy Researcher and collaborator of the EJP, will be present as members of the Teaching Staff. Description, program, registration and accommodation details are available at this link.
The Lake Como School in Social Sciences is looking for doctoral students and young researchers who study and work on the following topics:
• Impacts on life-chances through climate change,
• Economic transformations and their impact on life-chances,
• Social inequalities within or across countries; the influence of “super rich” people on society,
• Cultural (secular, spiritual or religious) justifications or ways of dealing with the current situation,
• Alternative visions and social practices to the present order.
• Application deadline: April 10, 2023.
• Notification of Acceptance: April 21, 2023.
• Registration and payment: May 8, 2023.