The Georgetown Environmental Justice Program embraces using sustainable tools to design the world of tomorrow. This website is therefore designed with specific design and graphic elements to be as energy-efficient as possible.
- Paper accepted by Political Studies AssociationGeorgetown University EJP postdoctoral researcher Elena De Nictolis will present a paper on ‘The role of neighborhoods in experimenting with urban justice. Challenging political and legal theory from the margins of the State’, at the upcoming Political Studies Association Conference (PSA) in April, 2022. The PSA conference “Politics from the margins” is hosted by the University […]
- Agriculture & Justice: The Farm of FrancescoThe Economy of Francesco brings together young economists in order to work towards an economy based on solidarity and sustainability. The Farm of Francesco is a proposal from its Agriculture and Justice Village, which aims to help create a farmer-centric sustainable agriculture. Learn more about this initiative here.
- Pick It Up! Tackling plastic pollution on campusThe GEJP is proud to launch a collaboration with “Pick It Up (new window),” a campus initiative that seeks to reduce plastic pollution on Georgetown’s campus and other college campuses across the country. Founded by the Beeck Center for Social Impact & Innovation, “Pick It Up” provides students with the resources to track, visualize, and […]
- From wild consumption to responsible engagement: young adult Eco Summer CampEco Summer Camp for Young Adults, August 22 – 28, 2021, Lasalle Institut, Switzerland. From wild consumption to responsible engagement. The struggle against environmental degradation and the preservation of our planet must first and foremost become a cultural movement in which everyone assumes their own responsibility, as individuals and in cooperation with their peers. Thus, we are […]
- International Conference: Environmental justice, August 29th – September 2nd, 2021. Lasalle Institut, SwitzerlandWhile warnings from the climate science community are growing, the Paris Agreement is not being met by any member country of the United Nations. What are the reasons for such a failure? How to cure it? In the meantime, new challenges have emerged, which still played a rather minor role in the 2015 negotiations but […]
- Economy of Francesco and women: access to land and sovereignty in the Global SouthThe GEJP is proud to launch a collaboration with the Woman Mother Earth Alliance. This group seeks to offer concrete answers to the demand for “Land, Roof and Work” for women in rural areas of Brazil and the world. They are part of the Economy of Francesco, a community of young economists from all over […]