Frédéric Mortier is a senior statistician working for the last 20 years on various aspects of applied statistics, with a focus on the development and the application of modern statistical tools in ecology, quantitative population genetics, and macroeconomy. His statistical expertise includes multivariate models taking into account spatial dependencies in large datasets, variable selection, mixture models, Bayesian inference and machine learning. In particular, he has used these models to understand the impact of global changes on tropical ecosystems.
- Desbureaux S., Mortier F. et al. Mapping global hotspots and trends of water quality (1992-2010): a data driven approach. (2022) Environmental Research Letters: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/ac9cf6/meta
- Gibaud J., Trottier C., Mortier F., Réjou-Méchain M. and Bry, X. (2022) Response mixture models based on supervised components: clustering floristic taxa. Statistical Modelling. 19 p. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1471082X221115525 (new window) (new window)
- Mortier F., Chauvet J., Trottier C., Cornu G. and Bry X. (2022) Supervised Component-Based Genreralized Linear Regression: Method and Extensions. Statistical Approaches for Hidden Variables in Ecology. Eds. N. Peyrard, S. Robin and O. Gimenez. ISTE. London UK. https://www.iste.co.uk/book.php?id=1859 (new window) (new window)
- Heuclin B., Mortier F., Trottier C. and Denis M. Bayesian varying coefficient model with selection: An application to functional mapping. (2021) Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C. vol. 70, issue 1, 24-50. https://rss.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/rssc.12447 (new window) (new window)
- Picard N, Mortier F et al (2021) Using model analysis to unveil hidden patterns in tropical forest structures. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fevo.2021.599200/full (new window) (new window)
- M Réjou-Méchain, F Mortier, et al. (2021) Unveiling African rainforest composition and vulnerability to global change. Nature 593 (7857), 90-94. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03483-6#citeas (new window) (new window)
- Ploton P., Mortier F. et al. (2020) Spatial validation reveals poor predictive performance of large-scale ecological mapping models. Nature Communications. 11, 4540 https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-18321-y (new window) (new window)